[Skip to content]

Reporting abuse

Reporting abuse

The East Riding Safeguarding Adults Board Safeguarding Adults Concern Form

ERSAB kindly requests that all concerns be submitted on the current ERSAB Multi-Agency Adults at Risk Concern Form which was issued in May 2017 and is available on this website either in electronic or Word format and that all previously downloaded versions of the concern form should be removed from desktops and not used going forward.

ERSAB Multi-Agency Adults at Risk Concern Form

The electronic concern form is the preferred method for you to raise a concern, however, we are aware of differences between the web concern form and the more recently updated electronic/paper versions, these do not detract from the use of the form and we encourage continued use of the electronic form to raise a concern.

Action has been taken to bring the web version into line with the electronic and the paper-based forms as soon as possible.

Multi-Agency Safeguarding Paperwork

Consolidated Paperwork (word 115kb)

Consolidated Paperwork Guidance (word 115kb)

How should I respond if I become aware of abuse and neglect?

Anyone can witness or become aware of information suggesting that abuse is occurring. It is important that everyone understands what to do, and where to get help and advice.  It is vital that everyone remains vigilant on behalf of those unable to protect themselves. This will include:

  • Knowing about different types of abuse and neglect and their signs

  • supporting adults to keep them safe

  • knowing who to tell about suspected abuse or neglect; and

  • supporting adults to think and weigh up the risks and benefits of different options when exercising choice and control.


Who do I report safeguarding concerns to?

If you think a vulnerable adult is in danger, at risk, is being mistreated or you have concerns about them, you should contact the East Riding of Yorkshire Council safeguarding adults team as soon as possible.

The safeguarding adults team can be contacted directly:

Tel: (01482) 396940

9am - 5pm Monday to Thursday

9am - 4.30pm Friday

Email:  safeguardingadultsteam@eastriding.gov.uk

For out of hours enquires, contact the emergency duty team:

Tel: (01377) 241273

ERSAB Safeguarding Adults Team Information Poster (pdf 774kb)

Multi-Agency Safeguarding Paperwork - Forms 1-6 (130kb)

Who else may need to be informed?

If a vulnerable adult is suffering abuse and requires urgent attention because they are in immediate danger call the Police on 999 (emergency) or 101 (non-emergency).

Care Quality Commission (CQC) on 03000 6161161

East Riding of Yorkshire Council Customer Service Centre on:

Tel: (01482) 393939


Have you considered the Mental Capacity Act? (word 40kb)


Operational  Guidance: Making Decisions about Safeguarding Concerns (pdf 650kb)

If you have a concern regarding a child please visit the East Riding Safeguarding Children Partnership at:

 ERSCP (external council site)

East Riding of Yorkshire Council logo
Humberside Police logo

Hull and East Yorkshire Hospitals NHS Trust logo
East Riding of Yorkshire Clinical Commissioning Group Logo